Booking Terms and Conditions
DUMBARTON FC FUNCTION HIRE – STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Bookings will be regarded as provisional, until such time as a digitally signed copy of the Terms and Conditions and the required Room Hire fee and/ or deposit has been received. The Club reserves the right to release a provisional booking in the absence of receipt of these items within a 14 day timescale from the date of the provisional booking. Any outstanding balance must be paid in full at least 28 days prior to the booking.
2. Should you need to cancel your event, please note that the deposit is non-refundable. There may be further costs dependent upon how close to the event you decide to cancel. i.e room hire balance; catering costs.
3. The Club reserves the right to cancel or amend any reservation if the Club, or any part of it, is closed due to fire, natural disaster, alteration, demolition, by order of any public authority or events beyond our control. If this unlikely situation should happen and we are forced to cancel your booking, you will be refunded any payment in full, after which Dumbarton Football Club will accept no other liability.
4. If additional access/set up time is required prior to your event, this may be charged on a pro rata basis.
5. The Club must be vacated by the client by the end of the hire period.
6. For your safety, Club stewards will be on duty at all times and the client shall comply with any direction given in relation to the use of the club.
7. The client acknowledges that Dumbarton Football Club cannot accept any liability for any food consumed off the premises.
8. We are fully licensed, and in this respect, under no circumstances may guests bring their own drinks onto the premises or consume any drinks that may have been obtained by raffles, tombola prizes or other services offered. Additionally, all drinks must be consumed inside the function suite. Under no circumstances must alcohol be taken out to the foyer.
9. Dumbarton Football Club must abide by the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005: all guests must cease the consumption of alcohol 15 minutes after the bar has closed and leave the premises.
10. The client shall not encourage, or permit underage drinking and shall co-operate with the Club to ensure that those underage are not sold, or receive, intoxicating drinks. A Challenge 25 policy is in operation.
11. Only food purchased or supplied on the premises can be consumed on the premises, unless prior arrangements have been agreed for outside catering. Outside caterers must have their own public and professional liability insurance and current
food hygiene certificate.
12. The selling or the using of drugs is forbidden whilst on the premises. Any person contravening this clause will be immediately expelled and banned from the Club. The police may also be contacted.
13. The client should make themselves aware of the fire evacuation procedures as per general housekeeping rules and inform the club at the time of booking.
14. The client must ensure that fire exits and escape routes are kept clear of obstruction.
15. No smoking including "e cigarettes” or “vapes” is allowed in any part of the building. Candles and open flame lights are not allowed due to Insurance restrictions.
16. Under no circumstances will spray, party string or similar aerosol sprays be permitted
17. Any disco or live band booked by the client must ensure that all equipment is PAT tested. The use of smoke machines is strictly forbidden.
18. The client will be responsible for the proper conduct of persons at the function.
19. Whilst always welcome, children who may be attending are to be kept under parental supervision and not allowed to roam the premises or surrounding areas: this is for their safety and for the benefit of any other persons who may be in other areas of the building. Dumbarton Football Club will not accept responsibility for any harm, which may come to children whilst on
our premises whether or not in designated areas (except in the case of negligence by the club). Children are only permitted within the function suite booked for your event. Unruly children and their parents / guardians will be asked to leave the premises if this condition is not adhered to
20. The club does not accept responsibility or liability for any damage or loss of private property or equipment used or left on the premises, or for personal injury whilst the club is being hired (except in the case of negligence by the club).
21. The client assumes responsibility for any and all damage caused by them or any member of their party, whether in the function suite or in any other part of the building.
22. Dumbarton Football Club has barrier access to the car park operated by a duty steward during your function and is locked when the club is closed so any vehicle left overnight will be unable to be collected until the next office working day.
23. Dumbarton Football Club cannot accept responsibility for the loss or damage to any vehicle whilst on the premises.
24. If companies/ services not supplied or recommended by the club are hired for functions, I/We agree to take full responsibility for those services and must ensure that they have the appropriate public and employers liability insurance.
25. When outside companies and/or services are hired by you, it is your responsibility to ensure our facilities are returned to pre-booking conditions (ie if outside caterers are used, the kitchen is clean, dishes are washed and dried, unused food, dishes and litter are cleared and disposed of. Table decoration, table cloths and additional equipment MUST BE REMOVED by the end of the hire)
26. Tables and chairs within the function suites must not be moved or re-arranged without prior consent. If furnishings have been moved, they must be returned to their original location before the end of the booking. Failure to adhere to this condition will result in additional costs to cover staffing.
27. A sound system is available in both function suites for an additional charge if required. The sound systems must not be moved under any circumstances and must only be used by someone with technical expertise.